Cowley County Historical Museum
Drawer 1, Envelope 3-a, Index Number on Photo
(This Section is under Construction)
The Titles shown below come from the hand written notes on each photo,
and may or may not be accurate. if you can study these photos and fugure
out where, when, why, what etc. please let me know and I will post all analysis.
- 3-a1361.htm New Winfield, Looking North
from about 12th. 1872.
- 3-a2122.htm New Winfield, about 1873,
Reads Bank near center left. Looking North
- 3-a3361.htm Sydals was here in 1888.
- 3-a1363.htm Looking North from 11th
on main circa 1880.
- 3-a1804.htm Scene of village from hill.
- 3-a7361.htm A. F. Dauber Dept Store.
SE Corner 10th & Main.
- 3-a188.htm NE Corner 9th & Main,
Covered Wagon Race, 12 oxen.
- 3-a3996.htm Winfield Street 800 Main
- 3-a736.htm NW Corner 8th & Main,
Lynn & Loose Clothing 721-723 Main Before 1888
- 3-a597.htm From 10th & Main, Looking
NW Toward 9th & Main. Parade May be GAR 1888. Arch.
- 3-a826 Looking South on Main from 9th. Mule Car,
Tele. Poles, No Street Lights.
- 3-a1358.htm Looking North from 10th
on Main, 1890.
- 3-a1632.htm Fire:Albright Building,
Dec 14, 1898.
- 3-a1632A.htm Fire:Albright Building,
Dec 14, 1898 Back Side.Where was this???
- 3-a2088.htm Dray Wagon, Merchands Delivery
wagon, Mule cars, 1900's NW Corner 9th & Main.
- 3-a3992.htm Looking South from 8th befor
1909, Mule cars
- 3-a4005.htm Color Post Card, East on
9th from Main "White way" at night.
- 3-a1973.htm Roots Shoes, Main Street.
- 3-a74.htm Hackney Block on E 9th. Street
Car in Picture.
- 3-a900.htm East from 9th & Main
Note street car track, Automobiles.
- 3-a3039.htm Winfield Daily Courier Building.
- 3-a150.htm Main St. 9th Looking North,
- 3-a21.htm People watching ball game
on board. Free Press.(1930's)
- 3-a1202.htm SW Corner 9th & Main,
Showing Rembaugh Hardware, Bergevin Drugs and Johnsons 5&10, April
- 3-a1255.htm After the Fire. Bergevin
Drugs, Johnsons 5&10, 905 Main, Jan2, 1940
- 3-a3680.htm Policeman on Horse, East
- 3-a2421.htm Street Scene, Santa Fe Tracks
- 3-a2422.htm Street Scene, May 1959
- 3-a2423.htm Street Scene, May 1959
- 3-a2424.htm Street Scene, May 1959
- 3-a2426.htm Street Scene, May 1959
- 3-a2427.htm Street Scene, May 1959
- 3-a2428.htm Street Scene, May 1959
- 3-a818.htm Color Looking North from
12th & Main, Regent Theater Closed. about 1962-65
- Winfield Main Street Images
- Image set 3-a2 Cowley County Historical
- Downtown Winfield
Fire Insurance Maps
Reference: Winfield City Maps
by Sanborn 1884, 1886, 1893, 1899, 1905, 1912
Often called "Fire Maps" these maps are large, hi-res files,
that show a great deal of detail, including occupants of buildings. They
were originally used by the fire insurance agents to calculate rates for
a particular building.
Photo Archive of the Cowley County Historical Museum
bbott's Home Page