Pictures from Bob Lawrence
This photo is from my own collection. I apologize for its size but
an 8" X 10" is all that I have of it and I don't know how to scan
it in and send it to you in any smaller format. It was taken in 1928 at
my uncle's Shell service station that was located on the east side in the
1100 block of South Main St. in Winfield. The attendant on the right is
my uncle, Wallace McRoberts, and the first name of the attendant on the
left is Earl but I can't find anyone who can remember his last name. There
is a lot to see in this picture when one takes the time to look. Note the
Stuber Brothers Ford Garage at left and the dome of the Presbyterian church
visible above Stubers at the far left. Of course, that church dome is still
there to this day.
Bob Lawrence, Feb. 11, '00
- Shella.jpg The image above.
- Shellb.jpg Attendants and pumps in the center.
- Shellc.jpg "Change Your Oil, Crankcase Service"
sign at left.
- Shelld.jpg Truck and drive up ramp at right.
- Shelle.jpg Detail of Shell Gasoline sign and street
- Index of Bob Lawrence's Pictures
- Bob Lawrence's
- bbott's home page