†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Arkansas City Facts.
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† BEETHOVEN CLUB.
Arkansas City Traveler, March 25, 1885.
Initial steps were taken a week ago last Wednesday for the formation of a musical society, and culminated last Wednesday in the formation of the Beethoven Club. The officers elected are as follows.
Geo. E. Hasie, President.
Mrs. Frank Beall, Vice President.
Mrs. Geo. W. Cunningham, Treasurer.
Stacy Matlack, Secretary.
R. W. Campbell, Librarian.
The following is the constitution and by-laws adopted.
1. The name of the society shall be the Beethoven Club, and be limited to 40 members.
2. The officers shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Librarian, all of whom shall be elected annually by a majority of the members in good standing. There shall also be appointed by the officers of the Club an Executive Committee, which shall serve for one year, unless removed before such time by a majority vote of said officers.
3. The President shall preside at all the deliberations of the society. The Vice President shall preside in the absence of the President. The Secretary shall keep the minutes of the Society. The Treasurer shall take charge of all the funds and pay out same only on bills approved by chairman of Executive Committee. The Librarian shall take charge and safely keep music books and music belonging to the society and have them when needed at the places of rehearsal. The Executive Committee shall have general management of the affairs of the society, and constitute a board of directors with the President and Vice President, who shall be ex-officio members thereof.
1. Any member of the Executive Committee shall receive applications for membership from singers only; and, if approved by a majority of said committee, shall present same at the next meeting of the Club for its action; and it will require a majority of the members present and in good standing to elect anyone to the privileges of the society.
2. The membership fee shall be $1.00, payable in advance, with quarterly dues of 25 cents.
3. Rehearsals will be held from 7:30 to 10.
4. Order of Business: Reading and approval of minutes of last Meeting.
††† New Business.
5. Members absent for two regular meetings without excuse from Executive Committee will be fined 25 cents; and for an absence extending over four meetings, will be dropped from the roll unless otherwise determined by a vote of the directors.
6. Members two quarterly dues in arrears will be suspended until they can present the Treasurerís receipt for said dues paid in full.
7. Fifteen members will constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
8. The Constitution and By-Laws may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the members of the Club.
The executive committee appointed are S. B. Fleming, C. L. Swarts, F. K. Grosscup, Mrs. H. P. Farrar, Mrs. E. D. Eddy.
The charter members are:
Wm. M. Sleeth.
F. K. Grosscup.
Mrs. Geo. Cunningham.
J. O. Campbell.
Mrs. C. H. Searing.
Mrs. E. A. Barron.
Miss Rosa Morse.
C. L. Swarts.
R. W. Campbell.
S. B. Fleming.
W. D. Mowry.
Mrs. Allen Ayres.
Mrs. Chas. Howard.
Mrs. N. T. Snyder.
Mrs. E. D. Eddy.
F. B. Hutchison.
Mrs. W. E. Gooch.
Mrs. A. A. Newman.
Mrs. H. P. Farrar.
Mrs. N. S. Martin.
Geo. E. Hasie.